"Funky Chicken" coop and run finished

speedymom

In the Brooder
9 Years
Mar 18, 2010
I finally finished my coop! With my Mom hubby and 16 month old daughter helping me it still took a few months to totally finish. (painting and everything)Well, it started as "chicken shangri-la" but it had so many wrong angles and measurements that we started calling it the Funky Chicken. Its 8X8 feet, the coop is 3 1/2 by 4. Its a pretty small coop, I will probably expand it someday, esp. if I add a 4th chicken. I left it open in the front since I am in Texas but I will block the front off this winter. We have some pretty bitter winds here! They don't roost in there at night, they like there one in the run, but I'll bet they will when its 23 degrees and windy outside! The ladies and I love it!
51460_p7170029.jpg

51460_p7170030.jpg

51460_p7170031.jpg

Hopefully I did the pics correctly! We have a RIR, Production red, and an Ameracauna. Donna, Rose and Dolly.

PS I did the bamboo so my dog couldn't see and terrorize the chickens. It actually works great, he can see them but they can't see him as well.

Quote:
Oh yeah, sorry, I wanted a texas flag but also wanted to incorporate a chicken somehow, and thats what I came up with.
smile.png
I guess its the lonestar funky chicken!

very very cool!! may have to use the 'flag' idea, being from the Lone Star state originally-- my guys are 'austin' and his girls, bobby jo, peggie sue and sabrina!!! congrats on your great setup!!!! :<)

Your coop looks GREAT!! GOOD JOB!!
I like that you put the outside access to the nests via side doors rather than overhead doors.
I think, iffen I ever build another coop I will use that feature rather than the overhead one I use now.
wink.png

Quote:
x2 That is Excellent!

It's the Lone (Red/Gold/Black) Star State.

Another vote for the chicken Texas flag here! Great idea with the bamboo fence, too.
thumbsup.gif

Back
Top Bottom