Funniest chicken behaviors

Bronwyn, my Speckled Sussex, is the world's most unhelpful "helper." She borders on obnoxious in her ability to get into whatever I'm doing and make it more challenging.

If I am scooping poop, she wants to jump into the bucket and check out the contents. If I am trying to garden, she wants to dig into the dirt with me -- right where I just planted something. Raking yard waste? Not with Bronwyn around as she has to scratch through it and un-pile everything.

Yesterday, I had just finished applying a coat of urethane to the new coop floor and had to block the doorway to keep her from stepping onto the wet floor. I took the still-wet brush and leftover urethane to the garage and quickly closed the door to go check on something else. Minutes later, I walked into the dark garage and was startled by something moving toward me.

Yup, not only had Bronwyn managed to sneak in, footprints indicated she had, indeed, been checking out the still-wet paintbrush. I had to clean a dab of urethane off her beak very quickly. Luckily, no harm done to her, but a wee bit of a scare for me.

Bronwyn, my Speckled Sussex, is the world's most unhelpful "helper." She borders on obnoxious in her ability to get into whatever I'm doing and make it more challenging.

If I am scooping poop, she wants to jump into the bucket and check out the contents. If I am trying to garden, she wants to dig into the dirt with me -- right where I just planted something. Raking yard waste? Not with Bronwyn around as she has to scratch through it and un-pile everything.

Yesterday, I had just finished applying a coat of urethane to the new coop floor and had to block the doorway to keep her from stepping onto the wet floor. I took the still-wet brush and leftover urethane to the garage and quickly closed the door to go check on something else. Minutes later, I walked into the dark garage and was startled by something moving toward me.

Yup, not only had Bronwyn managed to sneak in, footprints indicated she had, indeed, been checking out the still-wet paintbrush. I had to clean a dab of urethane off her beak very quickly. Luckily, no harm done to her, but a wee bit of a scare for me.
Thats amazing lol! She sounds like a “helper” for sure. :lol:

Funniest chicken or should say rooster behaviour is when he does like, leans on one side and taps his feet like a tap dance before zooming towards the females and mounting them.

It's also cute of him when he stops on something like a cricket or bit of cheese and moves his head up and down and Bocks to advise the ladies to come eat.
Aww! thats so funny, lol!

Back
Top Bottom