Funniest looking Muscovys I ever saw !!

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by charlindabob, Jul 30, 2013.

1. charlindabob

charlindabob Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    Would you look at this?!! A couple of months ago I ordered a dozen MUSCOVY duck eggs from a person on eBay and I hatched these two out still in the automatic turner at 28 days! The others died in the shell as I removed them to the hatcher and who knows what they were. Anyway, emailed the eBay seller and was told they ONLY had Muscovys and Rouens, no other ducks. The one on the right is a duck and the B&W one is a drake which looks like a Black Swedish to me (but I don't know). Person told me they had no Black Swedish ducks at all though. ( I think the one on the left is a female Rouen, but not sure).

Any ideas what they are? I don't want them and if there is anyone near Lake Panasoffkee, FL that does, come and get them.

[​IMG]

Really ticks me off as I ran the GQF a month just for these and then lost all but two, and spent a good bit of time and money (yes the GQF cost money to run) and this is what I ended up with. Two pretty ducks for sure, but NOT what I ordered or wanted.

Last edited: Jul 30, 2013
  2. Megan Amber

Megan Amber Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 13, 2013
    On No! That's a sucky story! The black and white one is a swedish and the brown one I think is a khaki campbell. Better luck next time! Pretty ducks though still!

3. learycow

learycow Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 1, 2011
    Southern Maine
    You have a black swedish and a rouen. They don't even look like they are crossed with a muscovy!
    But from crossing different breeds (as experiments to see what I would get) I found that almost all breeds crossed with a pekin will produce a swedish-marked bird, different colors are possible. So if they don't have any swedish, then it's a rouen crossed with something, but not muscovy as it doesn't look like a mule.
    Sounds to me like this ebayer needs to be reported.
    There are so many horror stories of this happening. Next time, you may be better off posting on here or even your local craigslist and finding a reputable breeder. That way you get what you want even if it means paying a little more.

4. charlindabob

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    [​IMG]

5. charlindabob

Jan 25, 2009
    central Florida
    These two "Muscovy" ducks came from an eBay seller in Church Hill, TN who is reluctant to answer my emails. They did say that they have no Black Swedish ducks, only Muscovies & Rouens. Well they are FREE to anybody that wants to have them. I bought Muscovy eggs and this is what I got............

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 5, 2013

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by