Funniest Moments

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by cluckcluckgirl, Oct 23, 2012.

1. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I like to hear about funny things chickens do. My funniest moment was when one of our chickens made a sound that sounded a lot like a cat![​IMG] I'm serious! Does anyone else have something funny that their chicken(s) did?

2. gingerpeach22

gingerpeach22 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 1, 2010
    Fairbanks
    I sit in the coop on a cushion & spread a bath towel on my legs. Some decided the space between my knees is a good place to take a dust bath. They flip and flop and stretch out, rest and then do it again. It's just another fun thing they do.

3. cluckcluckgirl

cluckcluckgirl Queen of the Coop Premium Member

Jun 16, 2012
    Tending to my chickens
    I guess they thought you needed a dust bath too!

4. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    My chicken didn't do this but I still thought it was funny. I was in the backyard with them and someone was ringing the door bell. I knew I couldn't get through the house so I scooted through the garage. And I have one hen who likes to hang out right next to me and she took off running right behind me. I knew she'd follow me out and there are dogs and cars and all kinds of dangers out front so I scooped her up into my arms and brought her out front with me.

Turns out it was a salesman at the door. I ask if I can help him and his eyes get really big and he says "Woah!!! Is that a Goose?"

Now I'll grant you, I have BIG Buff Orpingtons at 7.5 lbs. But a goose she most certainly is not. City folk!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by