Funniest Places Eggs Laid

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by PhoenixAngel429, May 12, 2011.

1. PhoenixAngel429

PhoenixAngel429 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    East KY
    I was out feeding our chickens yesterday when I heard the sqauck of egg laying. I look for it and see a hen jump out of my fiancee's truck of which he left the windows down on and she laid 2 eggs in the truck. Where has your chickens laid eggs before

2. Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex

Tam'ra of Rainbow Vortex Chillin' With My Peeps

My columbian wyandotte laid half a dozen eggs on my work table right between the chop saw and the table saw. I keep the door to the woodshop closed now.

3. hillfarm

hillfarm Out Of The Brooder

Aug 22, 2010
    Central Texas
    in my lap. seriously. she loves her mama. [​IMG]

Lately the girls have favored the compost pile, the dogs house. yep, he doesnt care, he just waits patiently for her to finish and when she comes out singing he goes in and sleeps next to em. I go and scoop em out. Funny thing is he wont touch them, but if i break one open he eats it lightening speed. [​IMG]

4. Uzuri

Uzuri Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2009
    In. The. FRICKIN'. WATER. DISH.

That one annoyed me.

5. Gold Griffin Chicken Mom

Gold Griffin Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Suffolk, Virginia
    In their filled water dish. In Winter. I asked, "What are you now? Practicing to be ducks?"

In the center of their run. Ok, maybe that's just stupid and not funny.

Chicken Hugger (aka Middle Child) walked in from school this afternoon and reported, "Hey! Ameracuana Girl laid an egg... Inside the unfinished chicken tractor Dad was working on yesterday!" Maybe someone is looking forward to the tractor life and fresh grass and weeds daily.

6. Hot2Pot

Hot2Pot Fox Hollow Rabbitry

Feb 1, 2010
    West TN
    I got this little brass wall sconce at goodwill to nail up inside the coop and fill with grit . So I look in there to see if they need more grit . Whoops, there it is! I have no idea how the chicken even got her butt up there to lay an egg. But there it was.:-D

7. Gold Griffin Chicken Mom

Gold Griffin Chicken Mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 21, 2010
    Suffolk, Virginia
    Quote:She tried REAL HARD, lol.

Oh, btw, the little Ameracuana that laid the egg in the unfinished house... I tried to return her to her flock. No go. She climbed the fence to be with the Christmas Babies and company. I was rounding up my two roosters that sleep on my sun porch right now. What's that noise? Miss Ameracuana was standing on the top step, waiting for me to open the door and let her in. She gets the big, roomy dog kennel all to herself tonight.

8. honda_DT

honda_DT Out Of The Brooder

May 12, 2011
    Mine laid one on the ramp that connects the coop to the run and the egg rolled down and under the fence! special delivery i guess.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by