funniest thing ever happen to you ducks/chickens.

DUCKGIRL89

Songster
8 Years
Apr 28, 2011
TN
ok i want to hear the funniest thing that ever happend to your chickens or ducks or geese, i dont matter what type of bird it is, just share your favorite stories of your...... well we dont really need to go throught that again do we, anyway plz post! (if y'all want i'll share some tomorrow lol)

Well, I only have a story-ette so far
smile.png
I built a ramp for the chickens but didn't place the cross boards close enough. That was no problem for our most intrepid chick, Dixie. She discovered she could surf to the first board leading with her right foot, then surf to the second leading with her left, and so on. All with a hang loose, surfer attitude, of course
smile.png
What did we ever do without our chick tv!

ha ha, that's funny. well, one time my dad put this big old worm i my ducklings cage (the cage was movable so i put it on the ground for the day) and he was thinking that they would eat it right up right, so when he did they are ran away, as if they thought i was a snake or somthing, it was so cute, i will never forget that lol!

It's been a really cool season in WA, with lots of slugs in the garden. Out of exasperation I threw a slug in with the chickens. Dixie the Intrepid lunged for it and then everyone chased her for it. With the poor slug swinging from her beak. Several chickens ended up with slug beak, and one of them ate it. I would have thrown another one in, but I didn't know how well they'd digest slugs. Retaliation was a wonderful feeling though
tongue.png

Squirrel fight.... >___> Awesome yet odd.

I have to say I love the way my little Pickles is scared by anything that flies.
If he has a fly or a bee around, he skips to the side and slings his head. When cardinals come down to eat, he sees them and hears the wings then instantly runs in a few circles, ducks down, and waits until they have settled. If another chicken flaps their wings even, he gives a little squeal-cluck and dodges a bit.

big_smile.png

It's pretty funny watching all the ducks chasing 1 other duck only to see a frog flailing in it's bill. It's almost never the 1st duck that ends up with the frog.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom