Funny Chick Story

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by sweetshoplady, Feb 26, 2008.

1. sweetshoplady

sweetshoplady Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2008
    Venice, Florida
    I took one of my chicks for a walk down the street (I've been keeping my brooder upstairs from where I work in a downtown area) He likes sitting on my arm. (Hoping that its a he)

One lady said that my bird looks just like hers. I said "Oh! You have a chicken?" She said "No a cockatiel"

Several people wondered where I got my duckling.

Very few people recognized my 3 wk old chick as such. Most were surprised that I had a chicken.

I'm very glad that my chick doesn't understand english,
    as he probably would have felt like the lead role in that children's book Are You My Mother?
    I must say though he was quite the ambassador chick and didn't mind being pet. Basked in all the attention.

I live in an area where farms and farm animals are being pushed east and away by development and pasture and fun places to ride are turned into golf courses.

2. MissPrissy

MissPrissy Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

May 7, 2007
    Forks, Virginia
    Isn't it an eye opener to see just how much people don't know -and not just when it comes to recognizing a baby chicken.

3. treeclimber233

treeclimber233 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2007
    I once owned a small pet shop. One time I had a pen with baby bunnies and baby guinea pigs in it. A young woman with her son was looking in the pen and she said "Oh, look at the mother rabbit with her babies." Her son (probably 8-9 years old) looked and informed his mother they were rabbits and guinea pigs!!!!!! Sorry situation when the child is more intelligent than his mother.

4. SpottedCrow

SpottedCrow Flock Goddess

LOL

Some dingbat confused a Black Leghorn Hen with a crow when Obelisk escaped the yard...oy

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by