Funny chicken behavior...

Chulke

In the Brooder
8 Years
Jun 7, 2011
So I'm sitting there just watching my chickens this morning and one of my red sex links is walking over toward the coop when she starts squatting down while she's walking and then "poof" out plops an egg on the ground! She then proceeds to the nesting box and acts as though she's going to lay another one...I think she was just confused and did the process backwards...lol!

Prior to this event I went in to feed them and collect the eggs this morning and low and behold here is this huge egg! Now all of my girls are still pullets as they have not had their first molt yet but this egg was easily an extra large egg maybe even a jumbo and dwarfed the egg sitting next to it...is it strange for a pullet hen to lay such a large egg?

My pullets just started laying one had layed maybe three eggs I went to look the other day & found this
63768_quail_pics_chick_eggs_001.jpg
>

Wow...that's about what mine was like...a little bigger in diameter and a little shorter length wise but basically the same thing...funny things...chickens...huh?
big_smile.png

I ended up getting to rather large eggs yesterday...one from a red sex link and one from a bcm...I guess yesterday was large egg laying day...lol!

Back
Top Bottom