1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny Chicken Stories Thread!

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by roostersandhens, Nov 9, 2013.

1. Hi,
    On this thread you can post any funny chicken (or other poultry) stories!

Olive the Hen:
    Olive is a Black Australorp, a broody one. One day I couldn't find her, I looked and looked. 'Till I see a black blob so I look and it's her! She was laying an egg with about 8 other eggs. I took the eggs, not knowing she was broody. The next day I let her in the house, and she layed an egg on my desk! She did that for about 3 days. Then she begin laying on the couch! She did that for about 2 weeks. Then she started laying on a different couch because she was upset that her eggs kept being gone. Finally I though, maybe she is broody. (I was new to chickens then) So I let her keep the eggs. 21 days later 10 eggs hatched on my couch! Today her chicks are full grown, in fact Olive is a proud grandmother of 3 chicks. Today her chicks names are: Hoot, Garbanzo, Snapple, Noodle, Trooper, Moose, and Goose (Goose was sadly killed by a coyote). Here is the best part PICTURES:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Chicks today:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]