Funny Chicken Stories

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kitkat2498, Mar 4, 2013.

1. kitkat2498

kitkat2498 Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 29, 2010
    Today I walked into my coop planning on getting some scratch for my girls. But when I opened the feed building,I was met with quite a surprise. There,looking up at me from inside the feed bag,was my RIR! She was literally inside the bag,just hanging out in the food. Of course,I embarassed her and so she left before I could grab the camera. Later that day, I went back out and found an egg in the feed... What silly chickens!

1 person likes this.
  2. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Awwww, and she even left you a present!

3. TheSpiceGirls

TheSpiceGirls Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 6, 2010
    Bay Area, CA
    It's her "happy" place.

4. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    [​IMG]Only chicken people can detect embarassment in a chicken

I would love to have seen her face

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  5. gryeyes

gryeyes Covered in Pet Hair & Feathers

Hehehehe. How about a sly expression? My dominant Roo regularly tries to make me one of his hens by tid-bitting me. He has found pretty leaves, a twisted twig and some pretty rocks for me. I hate to ignore his gifts, but I know I must. Carl always looks sidelong up at me to see if I'll go for his latest present.

And then, one day, he brought me a cigarette butt! You can't tell me he isn't an observant rooster! (And from that day forward, I have been extra careful about putting my cigarette butts into the "public style" ash & butt receptacle I bought to keep out on the patio.) That day, I wanted to take the butt away from him out of sheer "Dont touch that!" reaction. He picked it up and set it down at my feet, then pushed it forward with his beak. I stepped back, Carl picked it up and stepped forward, trying again. I had to walk away, but circled around later to pick up and discard the abandoned Rooster Present.

6. DDNONIN2016

DDNONIN2016 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2012
    SW Ohio
    And some people call them dumb animals. Ha! That was no coincidence. How funny [​IMG]

7. kitkat2498

Dec 29, 2010
    I went outside today...and this is what I found:
    [​IMG]
    Yes,that's right. Terror Two decided to teach Terror One how to nest in the feed bag. What am I going to do with these crazy chickens? [​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
  8. bugglesmommy

bugglesmommy Chillin' With My Peeps

If I had to sit on eggs for 3 weeks that would look perfect to me to. Edible nests. She's an innovator. ;)

9. kitkat2498

Dec 29, 2010
    Haha I hadn't thought of it that way!

10. Racheroooo2

Racheroooo2 Out Of The Brooder

Mar 10, 2013
    I have a funny story too: I have three Buff Orpington girls. I was reaching in to refill the feeder and Sunny was on the perch. She kept giving me a sneaky eye! I knew something was up. I bent over and she leaped on my head! I was so shocked! She is only three weeks old and has gotten used to her wings and bossing her sisters around. [​IMG] What am I going to do with her? She is a real sweetie though and wouldn't can't do anything wrong.[​IMG]

2 people like this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by