Funny chickens

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by HenMamma, Aug 3, 2008.

1. HenMamma

HenMamma Chillin' With My Peeps

May 10, 2008
    Emmet TWP, MI
    My little girls love to eat bugs! I am always finding grasshoppers in the garden and june bugs. They come running up to the fence every time the see me coming. Yesterday I found a tomato worm in the garden and thought "My girls will love this". They ran up to the fence, looked at the monster worm and looked at me like I was crazy. I finally just tossed it into their run. They pecked it a couple of times but were uninterested. I thought it was funny that they won't eat giant bugs.

2. Reinbeau

Reinbeau The Teapot Underground Premium Member

They'll figure it out. Mine were cute the other night, I let them out before the sun went down and stayed out there with them. I policed the area out there, picking up all the cut off pieces of wood and plywood hubby has dropped as he built the coop. They figured out real quick that when Mommy picked up a board there'd be bugs or worms underneath! They had a blast eating worms (the big night crawlers scared them at first, but a few tug of wars cleared that fear right up! [​IMG] ), sowbugs, crickets, all kinds of creepy-crawlies. Hubby came out with a chair and sat and watched, I told him he was watching Chicken TV! [​IMG]

3. ronniega1

ronniega1 Out Of The Brooder

Jul 11, 2008
    vidalia ga
    i heard one of my silkie rooster crow for the first time a few days ago...music to my ears i am so proud...

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by