Funny/Cute nightly ritual with pictures

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by FeatherMommy, May 20, 2010.

1. FeatherMommy

FeatherMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    So every night..and she only does this during the night time..Akello will come up to me while I am doing stuff on my computer and fly up on my desk, and perch herself on my hand or arm. Now this bird is heavy with large nails so that isn't very fun for my skin. But here is the kicker. SHE WON'T GET OFF! She gets very snooty when i move her. If I put her down she will fly right back up. It's a loosing battle for myself. She has to be with me every night while I am on the computer. Then last night my husband and I decided to watch a movie on my computer and obviously Akello's ritual was down the drain since I wasn't sitting at my computer but across the room in the recliner. She proceeded to fly up on the computer desk, stand RIGHT INFRONT of the monitor and look at me. I would go over, put her back down on the ground, and go sit back down again. About the 10th time my husband started getting pretty annoyed considering he was trying to watch the movie..I however was getting a kick out of it. So she did it again and instead of putting her on the ground I took her with me to the recliner and held her. She crawled up my chest so that she could lay there and lay her head on my shoulder and made this adorable purring noise and fell asleep. It amazes me that she was raised outside with no handling other than moving her into other pens and she is this loving! What's really funny is the fact that she is so flipping big and when she flies up on my desk things get knocked over, stuff is thrown off..it is like a tornado came through lol So anyways here are a couple pictures of her doing her nightly ritual...

She just jumped up...My hand was on the mouse when she did this..
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This is her tonight..she started the ritual and I removed her from my hand..and I took this. She is pretty ticked and giving me "The look"
    [​IMG]

And she caught the chickens on the screen..lol
    [​IMG]

2. PineappleMama

PineappleMama Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh that is SO neat!!

3. GlitterKitty

GlitterKitty Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 21, 2009
    Aww! She is so sweet! I love hre little diaper too [​IMG]

4. FeatherMommy

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    lol thanks. It's funny though..when I hold up her diaper next to Sylar's diaper the size difference is amazing. Akello's diaper would swallow Sylar hehe. Who btw is currently perched on Akellos back lmao

5. FeatherMommy

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    Now tell me..how am I supposed to do anything on my computer when this is going on lol....

[​IMG]

6. Noble Rooster

Noble Rooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2009
    NY
    That is totally hilarious. And I agree, you can't do anything. They have you trained! [​IMG]

7. silkiechick236

silkiechick236 Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2009
    Oklahoma
    Too cute![​IMG]

8. FeatherMommy

May 7, 2010
    Oklahoma
    They really do! Akello is normally the only one that gets on the computer desk. Sylar is such a flighty spazz that she doesn't want to be anywhere near my moving arms lol..I guess last night she got jealous enough to try it and ended up passing out on the router while Akello passed out on the desk...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

9. sticksoup

sticksoup Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2009
    Bradenton
    That is so cute!!!

10. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] I think these are honestly the funniest pics I have ever seen on here. A person who didn't know any better would swear she is dead with her head hanging off the desk!!! How cute!!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by