Funny eggs. My chickens play jokes on me.

Sea Wolf

Songster
8 Years
Apr 30, 2015
Taxachusetts
On a very rare occasion, I find something weird. The little funny ones I save. Full sized ones just get eaten. Picture of a couple of "Fart Eggs", a long strange blob that is heavy and feels like it might be solid shell material, a bullseye marked one and a wrinkly one. The last two I think are from a couple of older hens that probably should be adopted out. The fart eggs are doubly funny because they were laid by really big chickens.

Thanks for the link. When I say "rare" I mean that in 4 years of chickens, those little ones and the oblong shaped one are the only ones I have ever seen and they have been packed away in a box with cotton for over a year. The wrinkled one is only the second and the one with a ring was from yesterday. Normally I just get big, fat eggs. I do have a couple of old girls that need new homes. They get good feed, not heavy on the treats and they free range during the day on a half acre. Just an odd hiccup. One a year isn't bad. :) 6 new pullets were just added and I believe they laid the wrinkled one and the one with the ring. Stress of a car ride and a new home could have done that.

Last edited:
gig.gif
Those ARE funny!

Back
Top Bottom