Funny Family Newsletters

Discussion in 'Games, Jokes, and Fun!' started by WriterofWords, Dec 6, 2010.

1. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    I got the idea from the other thread about Christmas newsletters and thought it might be fun to post what we would write in ours with a humorous twist to them. Please don't be mean and ugly if you post a letter, it takes the fun out of it for those trying to have fun and some of us REALLY need to have to some fun this year. No Scrooges!!!

(I'm working on my newsletter!)

2. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    How around one or two lines at a time and we can create a family newsletter as we go?

Well I would like to tell you all that things are fine on the farm this year, but Uncle Fred has taken off with the lady that works at Kentucky Fried Chicken. He will no longer be allowed near the family flock. No telling what strange ideas this woman has put in his head. (is that mean? ugly?)

3. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Good idea lol! I'm going to post my newsletter later but I like this idea, copy and paste and keep it growing!

Well I would like to tell you all that things are fine on the farm this year, but Uncle Fred has taken off with the lady that works at Kentucky Fried Chicken. He will no longer be allowed near the family flock. No telling what strange ideas this woman has put in his head. On the other hand our daughter Daphne has decided to become a vegetarian and will no longer eat eggs or chicken; her husband Barney who is allergic to all green vegetables has been eating with us most of the year.

4. verthandi

verthandi Chillin' With My Peeps

May 18, 2007
    Maine
    Well I would like to tell you all that things are fine on the farm this year, but Uncle Fred has taken off with the lady that works at Kentucky Fried Chicken. He will no longer be allowed near the family flock. No telling what strange ideas this woman has put in his head. I have heard through the grape vine that they are expecting to have a flock of their own this soon.....poor babies. Or maybe the stock was coming soon, you know how my hearing has gone down hill the past few years. I hope the KFC woman is younger than she looks, as Fred will be 89 in January.

On the other hand our daughter Daphne has decided to become a vegetarian and will no longer eat eggs or chicken; her husband Barney who is allergic to all green vegetables has been eating with us most of the year. So, now we have tofu with every meal and it is getting old.

My oldest son Elmer has decided to become a hairdresser and tattoo artist. Now, this was the son that never learned to use a comb and his hair always looked like woody woodpecker. (as you remember his hair is also red) He has moved to Las Vegas and is doing well for himself. I just wish he hadn't of tattooed most of his face, it's hard to look at him now and look for my cute little boy underneath all that ink.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2010

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by