Funny horse fallsl

Discussion in 'Other Pets & Livestock' started by BobwhiteQuailLover, Jun 16, 2011.

1. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    hey tell me about your funniest falls! i went riding with my friend stef the other day, and i we were making new paths on the trail so we had to make one where there were trees a thick brush, so i ducked and closed my eyes and there was a tree right in front of us, so i had rran into the tree (on horseback!) and totally fell off! it was soooooooo hilarous! [​IMG]

2. Chickerdoodle13

Chickerdoodle13 The truth is out there...

Mar 5, 2007
    Phoenix, AZ
    Can't say I've ever found one of my falls funny! They are usually just painful!

3. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    haha I've had a few. Once we were galloping alongside a peach tree orchard. 3 of us and the youngest girl decided to take a sharp left along a path, well our horses tried to follow but couldn't make the turn and we went flying into a row of trees! My pony could fit in-between and I ducked as it took us 20ft to stop. The other girl broke a branch to a tree and fell off. We were all fine.

4. CluckyJay

CluckyJay Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2011
    Crossville, Tennessee
    We were at a full run and realized too late that I didn't cinch the saddle all the way. I ended up under my horse as we ran down the road. [​IMG]

5. Sassymygirl

Sassymygirl Miss Equestrian

Sep 16, 2008
    Carencro, Louisiana
    Well,
    Onetime, I was getting on this sweet old, arabian gelding named Voila. So when I got up, I asked my mom to hand me my cherry snowcone, it was a bright red one. So I'm sitting on the horse, no saddle or bridle, out in the open pasture. My mom sees that one of the horses water buckets are low, she she get the hose and when she turns it on, the water squrits out and hits Voila on the rump. He takes off, and I'm just sitting there, slowly making my way to the back of him...bouncing...And finally he finishes it with a buck, and I go flying! I land on my butt, all fine, until I see that MY LEG IS BLEEDING. I start freaking out until I noticed that the "blood' was my snowcone. [​IMG]

6. equinelyn

equinelyn Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2011
    Southern York County
    [​IMG] [​IMG] good one

Last edited: Jun 16, 2011
  7. BobwhiteQuailLover

BobwhiteQuailLover Country Girl[IMG]emojione/assets/png/2665.png?v=2.

Sep 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    HAHAHAHA! that is awesome!

8. welsummerchicks

welsummerchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 26, 2010
    I was riding around in a very big arena, and doing counter canter, even going fairly fast - and I fell asleep.

I fell asleep, slipped off the horse, and he stopped and stood there looking perfectly relaxed, as if to say, 'Oh, no big deal, I just wait til she wakes up!'

Those of you who have very full time jobs and ride after work, know what I mean.

9. michickenwrangler

michickenwrangler To Finish Is To Win

Jun 8, 2008
    NE Michigan
    I was doing an endurance riding demo for a bunch of 4-H girls when my horse suddenly skidded to a halt. I was thrown forward on her neck and fell over to the side with my arms still wrapped around her neck. She and I were standing cheek to cheek looking in one another's eyes like "What just happened?"

The other happened just a few weeks ago. I was returning from a trail ride and trotted my seasoned endurance horse up the hill. Well, one of the neighbor's Jacob's sheep had gotten loose and was napping in the shade at the top of the hill. Izzie was NOT expecting to see a large 4-horned ram and whirled around. Since we were trotting and I was posting and at the "up" of the post, I couldn't stay in the saddle. I luckily managed to grab a hunk of mane and land on my feet just in time to see the ram scramble to his feet and run away. Like the last one, quite a few people were witnesses.

10. Squishy

Squishy Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 2, 2011
    Florida
    Some of my earliest lessons were at this english riding stable, full of difficult ponies for the kids to learn on [​IMG]

I was riding one day with some newer kids, and the teacher suggested I move to the second ring so I could work on cantering.

So over I went, only the second 'ring' had some trees and brush in the middle. I stopped near the center to take a drink from my bottle.. put it away, and noticed some buzzing from bees. At that moment, one must have stung the pony, because he started bucking like a bronco.

He probaly bucked for a full minute or two, and I managed to stay on... then he stopped and stood still, and I fell off to the side and fell on the ground in slow motion. Apparently I was too dizzy for him to stop [​IMG]

The teacher raced over and laughed at me, along with all the younger kids [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by