Funny letter from the insurance company

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by horsejody, Nov 13, 2009.

1. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Almost 2 years ago I made what many thought was a silly investment and bought health insurance for my dog. 3 months later he started having seizures. Ever since then he has had one health disaster after another. He sees a neurologist for hydrocephalus. He got cancer and had to have surgery. Now he is being treated for a bladder infection and possibly has bladder stones that will need to be removed. He takes more pills everyday than a people in an old folks home. Even his prescriptions are covered. The insurance can't cancel the policy unless I don't pay or cancel. I just got a letter from them. They wanted to let me know that during these hard ecomonic times that I should be aware that I am not obligated to continue with the insurance and having to pay the monthly premiums, and they would understand if I cancelled. [​IMG] What silly people! I just sent them another claim for $225!!!! Oh well, I guess that they had to at least try. [​IMG]

2. PeeperKeeper

PeeperKeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG]

3. HarlansHollowFarms

HarlansHollowFarms bana-bhuidseach anns gára

Jan 16, 2009
    Quote:Which company is it....I need some good health insurance for my dogs! [​IMG]

4. Enchanted Sunrise Farms

Enchanted Sunrise Farms Overrun With Chickens

Apr 26, 2007
    Fair Oaks, California
    What a sweet insurance company. They must be really concerned about you, not wanting you to spend your hard-earned money paying those premiums.

[​IMG]

5. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Wish humans could get insurance like that!

6. thechickenchick

thechickenchick Born city, Living country

Mar 8, 2008
    Eaton, Colorado
    Wow! That is probably the first insurance company ever to make such a "kind' offer!! [​IMG] I think its great that you have it.

7. horsejody

horsejody Squeaky Wheel

Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Quote:Which company is it....I need some good health insurance for my dogs! [​IMG]

www.petfirsthealthcare.com

They pay promptly. I would recommend them. They have raised their rates a bit, but we are grandfathered in at a cheaper rate than posted on their site.

8. cmjust0

cmjust0 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    Central KY
    Quote:Well gee, I wonder why that could be...JODY...? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

9. Cetawin

Cetawin Chicken Beader

Mar 20, 2008
    NW Kentucky
    hahahaha I have insurance for my two boys too. Worth it when something happens...I also have pet coverage on my vehicle. [​IMG]

10. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    Quote:My thoughts exactly... [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by