1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny....lol

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Chick1043, Jun 6, 2011.

1. Chick1043

Chick1043 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    So about 14 weeks ago was my first time raising chicks! I only got two though. Then when they were like 7 weeks old I decided it was probably time for them to go outside full time......Haha, It reminded me of the scene on Charlotte's web when Wilbur sleeps outside for the first time! Why? Because it was about eight o'clock, dark out, and my little sister comes up to me and says "Is your chicks running loose outside?" I said no, don't worry about. About 15 minutes later she comes back and says "Are you POSITIVE your chicks aren't running loose outside!?" I asked her why she thought they were running loose outside and she said she could hear one of them by the backdoor. Sooooo, I go see whats going on, I open the back door, turn to my side......AND......There was my chicks.......Oh wow! I was trying to imagine what would've happened if she hadn't have heard them! So I go put them back where they were going to sleep and I guess I forgot to close the top! Thank God my little sister heard them!

2. ChickLover98

ChickLover98 The Chicken Princess

Apr 24, 2010
    Pennsylvania
    Oh my gosh how funny! Its good that she found them!

3. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Good thing little sister kept pestering you!

4. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Haha! I know right! Sometime I guess its a good thing when they pester! [​IMG] Sometimes!

5. OHhappychicks

OHhappychicks Overrun With Chickens

May 2, 2009
    Hillsboro,OH
    Hmmmm! I thought that was their job!!! Sometimes little sisters are really good for alot of things! She needs a hug for this time! [​IMG] Good job!

6. Chick1043

Jun 5, 2011
    Idaho
    Yah, Somtimes! They are!! lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by