1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny moments...

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by sumi, Nov 22, 2012.

1. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    Life's so serious nowadays, we need a little humour now and then. Thought we should share our funny moments and things that made us laugh here. I had such a moment just yesterday. Absolutely priceless!

We went to the local newsagents to pick up some things before heading home. As I walked up to the counter to pay I noticed a dog walked into the shop, a lovely Labrador that hangs out (and in) the shop, not sure who it belongs to. I said hello to it and paid for our goods. Another customer, an older lady, joined us at the counter and just then a young girl walked in, dressed rather inadequately for the cool weather, mini skirt and all. The older lady took one look at her and exclaimed loudly "Shameless!" My DH was, and looked, surprised at the comment and the lady saw the look on his face, realised she was thinking out loud and quickly turned to the poor innocent dog who was trying to catch our attention and said very earnestly "Shameless, you're not allowed in here!" Now that was quick thinking!

2. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

Gives me a whole new outlook on Garth Brooks song Shameless.........(yes I am aware it was a "cover" song)

4. kellysmall87

kellysmall87 Chillin' With My Peeps

Haha... poor dog but clever lady![​IMG]

5. canesisters

canesisters Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 18, 2011
    Virginia
    We used to have a client at the vet's office who had a dog that actually was named Shameless.
    The owner's last name was Huzzy.
    [​IMG]

Also, while I was working in the boarding kennel there, we kept an African Grey parrot once. I never did find out from the owner where the bird had picked this up from - but whenever someone came in the front door he would start yelling "HELP! HELP ME! AMBER! HELP! AMBERRRRRRRR! HELP ME!" It was very disturbing to some of our clients. I don't know how many times that week I had to explain to some poor stricken looking person that it was a bird.
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012
  6. sumi

sumi Égalité Staff Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Rep of Ireland
    I think Shameless is a great name for a dog! We've unofficially named the poor thing actually. Every time we see her I say "Hello, Shameless" and crack DH up again. We should buy that old lady some flowers [​IMG]

7. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] Now that IS funny!

8. Haha, LOL. Now that's what I call quick thinking!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by