1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

FUNNY MY 3 Chicken Gave me 3 eggs Yesterday! and 4 EGGS TODAY!

Discussion in 'Chicken Behaviors and Egglaying' started by ItalianoChicken, Apr 5, 2016.

1. ItalianoChicken

ItalianoChicken Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2015
    So how does having only 3 chickens give me 4 eggs LOL! Is there a sneaky Homeless chicken coming and laying in the nest? Doubtful since my chicken house is completely enclosed ....So Anyone like to explain it to me? thanks will love to read the comments on this one. Did one of the chickens decide hey... I got two in me today! Is this possible to lay two eggs in one day?
    thank you chicky!

ItalianoChicken

2. Alexandra33

Alexandra33 Chillin' With My Peeps

It IS possible for a hen to lay twice in one day, as I found out for myself! [​IMG] I think it was either my BLRW (Blue Laced Red Wyandotte) or Partridge Rock who somehow managed to crank out two eggies back to back. Isn't it amazing how that can happen? [​IMG]

~Alex

1 person likes this.
  3. MESOFRUFFEH

MESOFRUFFEH Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 15, 2015
    East Texas
    That is funny, my 8 hens gave me 4 eggs yesterday, I'll trade you LOL! [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  4. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    Its totally awesome I wonder if its the same chicken that gave me the double yoker! This time Yokes on me lol!

5. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    lol I wish this was everyday but sometimes we get only 2 eggs but most days 3 there was a few times we only got 1 it was still cold outside! I have leghorns! I plan on getting 4 ancona soon. I guess we see what happens from there! I hope your ladies give you a full basket tomorrow lol!

6. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    Guess who is having Eggs for Breakfast today lol yum yum!

7. Alexandra33

Anconas?!?!?! I'm so jealous! [​IMG][​IMG]

~Alex

8. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    I know, I know they are so limited in availability! So you want some ancona's too! :)

9. Alexandra33

Darn tootin' I do! [​IMG] They're so pretty, it's hard not to drool over them! [​IMG] We don't have room now, with 28 hens, 24 chicks, and 9 ducks, but maybe someday.

~Alex

10. ItalianoChicken

Dec 17, 2015
    Update We got 6 Eggs from 3 chickens today!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by