Funny neck movements. Impacted crop, or what?

Tanith BHH

Chirping
7 Years
Jun 9, 2012
One of my hens is doing funny neck movements, keeping her beak open when she does this most of the time, and when I felt her crop it felt very hard but she's eating fine, behaving normally except that she hasn't laid since I noticed the neck movements though this is probably just a coincidence.Its been three days now. I forced a teaspoon of olive oil down her, and massaged the crop daily, no results. I've even held her upside down whilst trying to massage the contents gently out (I read you should do this if your hen has impacted crop and the olive oil and massaging hasn't worked) but I was worried I would choke her, so I stopped... What is it? What should I do? I tried to feed her some grit today and she took a few bits from me, but not a lot.
hmm.png

All help welcome,

Tanith

Please if anyone can help, or have any suggestions even if you're not sure about them it would all be greatly appreciated. I'm really worried about her and that she's not getting enough to eat, please help!!! Oh, and she's started laying occasionally now.

Back
Top Bottom