funny newbie story!!

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by earnhardtlvr, Apr 11, 2011.

1. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Ok...yes, I am a newbie...and I cry easily and am very sensitive. [​IMG] So when we went to clean our brooder out tonight and my DH said I think there is something wrong with one of the brahma's. I start freaking out and demand he hand her over to me. She looks like she has been pulling all her feathers out under her wing. [​IMG] I wrap her up in a warm towel like a baby and run upstairs to my mom and ask her if she thinks she knows what's wrong. Mom said maybe she is loosing her feathers already. So as I have her warm little body in the towel in my hands she just lays there and looks at me. I go back downstairs and am about ready to [​IMG] cuz i don't know what's wrong with my girlie and as i take her out of the towel i realize what was wrong with her...she was just wet! [​IMG] I guess she either fell in the water dish or some got spilled on her as we were taking them out to clean! Thank God! I rubbed her with the towel a little more and she was all nice and fluffy again! I put her back in with her sisters and she ate and drank and ran around playing. [​IMG] Made a fool out of me! But just glad she was ok! [​IMG]

2. MydearWatson

MydearWatson Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 20, 2010
    CT
    Glad it was just something silly! [​IMG] I have a feeling I will be the same exact way when mine come next month! I just want them all to be ok so I totally understand your freak out! LOL.

Good luck.

3. MikaRoo

MikaRoo Out Of The Brooder

Mar 27, 2011
    one of mine did the same thing and I was freaking out too. Haha.

4. WyncoteChicken

WyncoteChicken Out Of The Brooder

Apr 12, 2011
    Victorian Wyncote
    what a scare! Glad she was okay, though. I've had similar scares with pets, and it always freaks me out!

5. Luke13:34

Luke13:34 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 3, 2010
    The Naugatuck Valley
    Any of them pulled the "dead chicken" pose on you yet? Mine love to do that in the summer sun. Just lay on their sides not moving a muscle. Freaks me out every time.

6. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    Luke13:34 :

Any of them pulled the "dead chicken" pose on you yet? Mine love to do that in the summer sun. Just lay on their sides not moving a muscle. Freaks me out every time.

YES! They prob r gonna hate me by the time they grow up and know it was momma that kept waking them up. I have 19 in one brooder and at least once or twice a day I'll see them layed out funny and i stick my hand in and wake them up just to make sure! LOL​

7. QualityPolish

QualityPolish Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    Utah
    [​IMG] Yup, I have to do that too just to make sure. xD

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by