Funny news story about urban sprawl

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by FrontPorchIndiana, Jun 13, 2008.

1. FrontPorchIndiana

FrontPorchIndiana Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2008
    Indiana
    I just saw the funniest news story I've seen in a while. We live in the boonies just outside of the suburbs just outside the city. Well, urban sprawl has been a hot issue around here for quite some time. Nine times out of ten it seems any issues are always resolved in favor or the spawlers and not the sprawlees who've been here forever. Today a farm family with two 4H pigs were being harassed. When they showed the footage I about fell outta my chair. Here were these two pigs and their obviously been-there-for-years shelter stuck right in the backyard of all these fancy new condos. Maybe 50 feet from the back doors of these places. Of course the owners of the condos are complaining. The newscaster interviewing the guy actually said to him "Well if you didn't like pigs, why did you buy a condo in an area zoned for agriculture?" The look on the guy's face was PRICELESS. Mark one down for the sprawlees! [​IMG]

(Now before some of you go flaming me, just think. They could have been complaining about our chickens.)

2. Southern Gardener

Southern Gardener Chillin' With My Peeps

May 2, 2008
    Louisiana
    HA! I love it!

3. conny63malies

conny63malies Overrun With Chickens

Mar 22, 2008
    Annetta Kentucky
    hook,line and sinker

4. DrakeMaiden

DrakeMaiden Overrun with Drakes

Jun 8, 2007
    Kitsap County, WA
    I wish I could have seen his face.

I really don't get people who move somewhere and then want to change the neighborhood. Gets under my skin.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by