Funny Pictures

Discussion in 'Turkeys' started by Chickenjocky, Feb 19, 2013.

1. Chickenjocky

Chickenjocky Out Of The Brooder

Jan 14, 2012
    Des Moines Iowa
    The Turkeys decided to roost with the hens tonight. Apparently it didn't bother one of the hens.[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Jesz

Jesz Out Of The Brooder

Oct 24, 2012
    Scott La
    [​IMG] If only the turkeys would do this every night.

3. hotrodflash

hotrodflash Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2012
    East Texas
    That's her spot and she is not giving it up.

4. Celie

Celie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2012
    Tickfaw, Louisiana
    [​IMG]Too Cute[​IMG]

5. CBSunny

CBSunny New Egg

Feb 15, 2013
    That is hysterical.

6. CBSunny

CBSunny New Egg

Feb 15, 2013
    In keeping with funny turkey pics...here is one I took this week of our hen, Snow White, showing off her Florida Gators jersey. "Dressing the turkey", get it? (haha).[​IMG]

7. De Wet

De Wet Chillin' With My Peeps

I love the coulor of the turkeys waht colour to they go thru maybe brown pied?

Last edited: Feb 23, 2013
  8. frank53061

frank53061 Chillin' With My Peeps

De Wit

Most of what I see are Red Bourbons they start out very light in color and darken with age the Toms are darker in a Rusty red color with white tips on the flight and secondary feathers as well as the tail the Hens also are white tipped.
    Being in Africa you probably don't see any of these birds since they are a American Heritage Breed from the 1800 Hundreds.
    Does Africa have any domestic heritage breeds of Turkeys other than the plain white double breasted production that is not considered a heritage breed.

Here is a picture of some of my Red Bourbons.
    [​IMG]

9. De Wet

Hi actually we have domestic breeds of turkeys here but very rarely in pure form in breed standards. We have breed standards in our poultry clubs of these birds but I think the problem is your guys have a more different types of turkeys then here for example the royal palm i m only see it on pictures. The other thing turkey meat are not so popular here as it in the states and the discouraging to breed them due the difficulty of raising poults but luckly their is a rising demand for these birds now and I hope their will be better import strategy s to get these birds in their pure domesticated breed forms

10. De Wet

Hi actually we have domestic breeds of turkeys here but very rarely in pure form in breed standards. We have breed standards in our poultry clubs of these birds but I think the problem is your guys have a more different types of turkeys then here for example the royal palm i m only see it on pictures. The other thing turkey meat are not so popular here as it in the states and the discouraging to breed them due the difficulty of raising poults but luckly their is a rising demand for these birds now and I hope their will be better import strategy s to get these birds in their pure domesticated breed forms

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by