Funny rooster story!

nlsf

In the Brooder
Feb 19, 2017
I figured I'd share this story with people who would find the slight humor of this story. I just recently got a year old rooster. He's been wonderful other than the second day in his home where he tried to be dominant over me which is to be expected with a new home and such. I've had not a single issue with him since then. However today my sister brought over her two sons an 11 year old and a 4 year old. The four year old is known for being pretty mischievous especially with animals. Now my hens and rooster free range our property during the day and the boys were outside playing. Then the youngest comes running in crying because the rooster had attacked him apparently. I talked to the 11 year old and he said that his little brother was chasing the hens all around thinking it was funny when out of no where the rooster came flying from no where at the little boy's face. The boy is fine other than startled and taught to not to chase chickens. The rooster I'm proud of, good job protecting your ladies!
1f602.png
some times you just gotta learn the hard way!

You are aware how much damage a rooster can do to a child's face, correct ? Kids and animals should never be left together unsupervised.

@nlsf It sounds like the 4 year old got taught a lesson, hope he learned it. Sometimes you can say no forever, but until there are consequences the kid doesn't learn to leave it alone. Glad the kid wasn't hurt. Maybe he will be a little more respectful of animals in the future.

Wow, that could have been a very serious encounter. Glad your nephew is ok.

Everyone parents differently , a customers 4 years old was squatting down infront of my girls , I said " hope he doesn't get pecked "

His mother with her fourth child in her arms said " then he will learn won't he?"

I tried to prevent injuries , she welcomed it.

That could have been a trip to the er for sure,
Sad way to teach a child in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom