Funny sounds coming from my WCB Polish chickens!

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by operator16, Aug 6, 2010.

1. operator16

operator16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Colorado
    I love these two so much! They are 20 weeks. They are like puppies - always engaging, following me around, talking to me.....

This one has some wattles/beards.., and is so vocal! The tail feathers are a little different, but no real pointy curves. The hackle feathers are round like the other bird's. I don't know enough about saddle feathers - they both look the same to me.

I don't know if this is a crow. I put it up on youtube. Please listen to it and let me know what you think.

Here is a picture of the one on the video:

[​IMG]

Here is the one I'm pretty sure is a gal. No wattles really, just little, light pink flaps. Still very vocal, but not as long and loud as the other.

[​IMG]

Here is a picture of both of them:

[​IMG]

Thanks!!!!

2. Minniechickmama

Minniechickmama Senora Pollo Loco

Sep 4, 2009
    Minnesota
    She is probably thinking about laying an egg. It is a she. If it were a roo you would see longer headfeathers streaming down the back of the neck AND there would be spikier feathers poking out of the headdress too. At 5-months it is definitely time for her to pop a pullet egg out for you.
    Good luck and keep talking. Your Polish sound much more engaging and friendly than mine. I think mine came from the shallow end of the gene pool.

3. operator16

operator16 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Colorado
    They are so small though - no bigger than my 12 week old BRs and B. Oprhs. They probably don't weigh more than a pound or two. I guess that may mean they are bantams. I wasnt' sure. I thought these guys didn't lay until later..? What size egg will we see? I never thought it could be a song! I figured it was a crow! Thanks!

Quote:

4. Mahonri

Mahonri Urban Desert Chicken Enthusiast Premium Member

May 14, 2008
    North Phoenix
    My Coop
    Eggs will be tiny.

Beautiful birds.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by