funny stories and pictures!!

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by HandyRoosters, Oct 26, 2014.

1. HandyRoosters

HandyRoosters New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    in my opinion there is 1 and only 1 thing this sight needs more of : hilarity. I LOVE reading funny chicken stories and im Shure you guys do to but they're scattered all over the sight and I thought it would be convenient if they were all in one place. so if your chickens ever made you laugh or smile then please post them here. - HandyRoosters

2. chickenlover09

chickenlover09 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 17, 2014
    I don't think this is that funny, but maybe it is????........

So, when the chicks were chicks, living inside in the brooder, they were very naughty. They lived in our guest room. (I was a first time chicken owner, so new nothing about them), I noticed that the two non-silkies kept flying to the top of the brooder and sitting on the rim of it (they were roosting), I kept trying to put them down but they insisted on sleeping up there. One day, my dad left the door to the guest room open overnight, and the next morning we woke up and the two featherd chicks were running around our living room and house, leaving their droppings on our brand new rugs and not to mention everywhere else.

I hope this was somewhat funny!

3. HandyRoosters

HandyRoosters New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    The EXACT same thing happened to us in our garage [​IMG]

4. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    Here is one of my funny stories!

So I want out one night to lock my flock inside. It was chilly that night so I decided it would be best to close the window. As I started closing it, it slipped and jammed shut on my fingers! Man did it hurt! I teared up as I squeezed my fingers. Then one of my hens who was behind me made a sound that sounded like "Awwwww." My crying switched to laughing!

5. chickenlover09

Jul 17, 2014
    Mountain Peeps- that made me laugh! Hens are kinder than we think!

6. Mountain Peeps

Mountain Peeps Change is inevitable, like the seasons Premium Member

Apr 23, 2014
    At our lodge
    My Coop
    I know right?![​IMG]

7. chickenlover09

Jul 17, 2014
    Okay... This one is sort of a panic attack to me that happened last night.

So I was a few hours away volunteering at a animal sanctuary for the day, until around 4:00. I got home and I was so tired. So, then I let the girls out to free range a little and eat up the grass.

I had to study for some exams I had later that week, and I got so busy I forgot about the chickens. My dad came home later that night and asked me "where are the chickens?"

I freaked out and I ran into my backyard (there are lots of trees and short fences. They have never tried to fly over the fences or up the trees, so I don't cut their wings and they're only 3-4 months old).

It was around 8pm so it was already really dark. I looked everywhere and I couldn't find them at all. I thought they had flown away. And then I looked in the coop and they had putten them self to sleep! lol I know that's normal, but my chicks have never done in before. I also saw the three normally feathered ones jammed together snoozing in one of the nesting boxes, and the silkies sleeping in a pile at the bottom.

8. HandyRoosters

HandyRoosters New Egg

Oct 25, 2014
    AWWWWWWWW I love when chickens just sleep in a pile

my chickens when they were in the brooder slept using each others buts as pillows in a line

hope u guys enjoy dat

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by