Funny story about my boy Fred

kathydoolittle

Songster
10 Years
Dec 14, 2009
Pittsburg KS
I was in the restroom yesterday and happened to look out the window. My boy Fred had something in his mouth, couldn't tell what it was. So I went running to the door to see what he had. This is something I never thought I would see and will most likely never see again. He had a baby kitten in his mouth and was carrying it to shed where he thought they belonged. I watched very carefully I thought he was going to hurt it. But he put it down in the shed and turned and walked away. Silly guy, The kitten didn't have a mark on it. But if he keeps doing that he will spend all day as the kittens are getting bigger and exploring more. I knew he was my watch duck over the chickens and other ducks even the peafowl and guinea's. If they don't come in at night he lets me know and has a fit when I make him go in. He don't like any of them to stay out. Needless to say sometimes the guinea's and peafowl don't care what he thinks. But most the time they go in for him. But it's sure fun to try to find one little chicken in the dark so he will calm down. Had to share this.

My silly boy Fred
048.jpg

I always tell people that there is higher intelligence in ducks. They are thinkers and don't like changes or being pushed around. Don't ever try to force them to anything, because they will bold and you will be frustrated. You give them time to think and they do what you want them to do. You also need to give them time when you change things in their duck house. They will have the longest discussion, but turn out happy afterwards.

This made my day
smile.png
This is one of the most adorable things I have read in a long time! its funny how animals know! My dog and cat are the best of friends. they play together and sleep ucrled up together but the miniute my cat lays an eye on one of Peppers ducks she will immedatly run him up the nearest tree! it always amazes me how they just know.

That's very cute! So many little acts of compassion by animals that so many just don't notice
smile.png

A very beautiful duck you have there!

Back
Top Bottom