Funny story about neighbors cat and my chickens and ducks.

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by kidzmom5, Sep 15, 2009.

1. kidzmom5

kidzmom5 Out Of The Brooder

Aug 24, 2009
    Marysville, WA
    So for the past few days I have been in panic mode because lately the neighbors cats been around and i would have thought he'd start trying to catch the chickens. Well I noticed yesterday that the cat was laying near them and my chickens stayed near it. So now Im not so worried. Then the cat saw me and and started to walk off and my chickens and ducks started following me of course and the cat walked near my rabbits and my rabbits were curious but I think the neighbor cat mean no harm. So now Im sure I can be sure they wont be attacked. My animals are not scared of it so hopefully everything will be ok. But it was cute to see the cat laying near the chickens I wish I was able to take a pic and post it. Next time I will...

2. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    My neighbor has a cat, and when he wants in he whaps the back door. One day he came home accompanied by a rabbit. The rabbit has now started to whap the back door when he wants in, too.

3. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

I just love this! I've got a couple of mine, that love to "sit with the chickens". It is so cute to see! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by