Funny story about water rights and dams

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Stephanie739, Sep 12, 2012.

1. b.hromada

b.hromada Flock Mistress

[​IMG] I love it! Good for him! Wonder what the department thought, when they got his letter? We need more of this!!! [​IMG] thanks for sharing!

2. Stephanie739

Stephanie739 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 7, 2011
    You're welcome! :)

3. rebelcowboysnb

rebelcowboysnb Confederate Money Farm

I read that a while back an got a kick out of it. Use to hang out on the river when I was in collage an we met at one of the TVA dams. Any time we told someone where we were, we said "drive down the dam road an at the end of the dam road you will see us in the dam parking lot."

4. Matthew3590

Matthew3590 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 10, 2011
    Middle, TN
    That is awesome! Sadly I was unable to see the pictures of the dam and if the department actually knew what they were doing I would have thought they could tell the difference in a beaver dam and a dam made by humans.

5. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    [​IMG]

6. chickened

chickened Overrun With Chickens

Oct 2, 2010
    western Oregon
    I wonder which authority did the site visit and concluded that this was a manmade dam. I was told a story about a govenment guy that was hired to work with farmers and ranchers and he referred to livestock as "barnyard animals"

7. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Quote:In my part of the world, "barnyard animals" is an acceptable and often used term. It differentiates them from pets and wildlife.

8. KristyHall

KristyHall Overrun With Chickens

Jan 27, 2011
    North Alabama
    I know farmers and ranchers who do the same, they use it to clarify the difference between large range livestock and livestock who are often put in paddocks and barns for a significant chunk of their life.

9. oldrooster

oldrooster One Crazy Nut

I wonder if he gave a dam to Scarlett? Perhaps the wildlife department should go to some beach and see if some dam Yankees are on vacation.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by