Funny story alert! funny story alert!!

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by TheDuckCrew, Apr 17, 2009.

1. TheDuckCrew

TheDuckCrew Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    okay, prepare for laughs....
    anyways, i feel asleep on the couch last night. my mom came home from work at around 2. she woke me up and the first thing she said was "wow you've got a lot of blankets on you." i had to have about seven. i was freezing. but then i sit up and start looking around the couch and under the blankets. she asks what i'm looking for. i said the eggs. at that, she was very very confused. "are you serious?" she asked. after i told her that i had them on the couch because they wouldn't fit in the incubator, she FLIPPED OUT!! she went on and on about how they are covered in germs and should not be upstairs on the couch! she was so mad and kept asking me if i was dreaming. each time, i would say no. and each time she asked, i got more mad. i was totally sure that there were eggs that i needed to find. we were both searching like crazy when she asked if i was dreaming again. and then suddenly it hit me. why would i have eggs upstairs on the couch? "i think so..." i replied. she looked at me, still mad and convinced that there were eggs somewhere. finally, we gave up and i went to bed. when i woke up this morning, my mom and i started talking about it. she said she was still worried that there were eggs down there when she was watching tv. she said that i had so many blankets and such a big heart that she could see me trying to keep the eggs warm under the blanket.

i have NO IDEA what i was thinking! for awhile i was totally sure there were eggs in the couch. why? i don't know. my best guess is that i had a dream about two eggs on the couch, on the footstool to be exact. that was the first place i looked and where i kept returning. i guess i woke up and wasn't sure what was real or not. i'm surprised that i thought there were eggs but i'm also surprised my mom believed my late night ramblings! she should know by now, i got up once at 12 and got in the shower thinking it was time to get up and get ready for school. it woke her up and she asked what i was doing at 12 in morning taking a shower, thats the first time i heard it was 12. we have a clock in the shower, but i just thought it was wrong. i was so confused! my mom was afraid about it too!

so if you ever want to see something funny, try waking me up late at night. [​IMG]

2. greenfamilyfarms

greenfamilyfarms Big Pippin'

Feb 27, 2008
    Elizabethtown, NC
    Girl, you have arrived. You're officially a hatch-a-holic. [​IMG]

3. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    Quote:haha! this is only my first hatch and i'm only on day 7!

4. mamaKate

mamaKate Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 9, 2008
    SE MO
    [​IMG] My son used to sleepwalk outside if he watched the old Disney"Zorro" tv show.

5. vickie2133

vickie2133 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 30, 2009
    Corbin
    My son does that type of stuff. He plays football and has for several years. I was up late on the laptop one night and I heard some one up moving around. Then I saw him run thru the hall carrying a pillow and run into the bathroom, where I reckon he scored a touchdown. Never a boring moment around here.

6. newchickenfamily

newchickenfamily Chillin' With My Peeps

[​IMG] [​IMG] Once I woke up in the middle of the night absolutely convinced there were mice in the bed. I was sitting up whacking at the covers around me! It was one of those not quite asleep type of dreams. Weird. [​IMG]

7. FrenchHen

FrenchHen Chicken Ambassador

Jan 26, 2009
    Bagshot Row
    I dreamed once there was a great nasty cockroach on the bed.
    Totally freaked myself out tearing the bed apart before I'd go back to sleep.

8. TheDuckCrew

Feb 21, 2009
    Connecticut
    oh. i forgot another one of my late night rambles. i had a dream that my mom said i couldn't go to the barn anymore. i got so mad i screamed no. the second it happened in my dream i thought, that sounded wierd. really loud. suddenly my mom comes running into the room asking if i was okay. apparently it was so loud because i screamed no at the top of my lungs. oops.

eta: i've had those critter dreams too. i hate those. always freak me out thinking theres something in my bed for days and then i can't sleep

Last edited: Apr 17, 2009
  9. Emzyyy

Emzyyy Runs with Deer

Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Yea I had a dream their was a spider in the covers and I actually got out of bed and shook all the covers out before I finally realized I had dreamed the whole spider thing up.

10. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    OMG! How funny! I have crazy dreams like that when I have a fever. Could you have gotten a fever last night? That would explain the chills, too. But, when you wake up in the middle of the night, it is always disorienting. I remember doing that once when I was in school. I was running around at 7:30 at night (cause it was partly light outside) thinking I was late for school! LOL!

Shelly

P.S.- Glad there weren't any eggs in the couch! [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by