Funny story of me bring chickens to sis's school

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Justino, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Justino

Justino ♪♫ Rockin' Rooster ♪♫

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Today i brought in my silkie snake and my EE penny to show to sistahs class LOL it was pretty funny [​IMG] we brought them in the cat crates and they were fine,.... but then one pooped in there and then it stunk up the classroom LOL

so then, i had to take one out at a time and so i tried to get snake and she locked her legs and wouldn't budge! LOL so i had to have my mom pull her out for me xD and one of the kids asked "Is that a baby ostrich???" LMAO it was hilarious LOL!!!

then i put snake away lol and got penny out....of course she had stepped in her poop and got it all over my shirt too lol we showed them the green eggs and everyone thought they were green inside and everyone made the joke of green eggs and ham lol so then we let them pet her and then i put her away.

then my sis showed the class pics of our other ones and then came the whole story of our store egg i hatched lol one kid was appalled at the thought of the eggs he eats could hatch LOLOLOL!!! it was hilarious

and that was my super duper long story of the day LOL

all in all it was a good experience for the kids and they probally will remember it for ever [​IMG]

OH! and i forgot to add that one kid came in from the bathroom and the second he saw me he yelled and jumped back terrified [​IMG] i guess he was just scared cause im a big kid LOL

2. Renee

Renee Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2008
    CALIFORNIA
    Good job!
    I love green eggs and ham.

3. shmooborp

shmooborp artistic fowlism

LMAO baby ostrich hahahahah [​IMG]

4. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:i know right? LOL [​IMG] i cracked up when i head that lol [​IMG]

5. ibpboo

ibpboo Where Chickens Ride Horses

Jul 9, 2007
    always changing
    What a wonderful field trip for you! [​IMG] [​IMG]

6. Wildsky

Wildsky Wild Egg!

Oct 13, 2007
    California
    [​IMG] Makes me wanna drag a few to my son's school, they'd love it... but I am not sure I could hold on to the dern chicken, it woul dprobably freak out and fly off.. [​IMG]

Such a cool thing for a brother to do, I bet your sister is so proud of you

7. HorseFeathers

HorseFeathers Frazzled

Apr 2, 2008
    Southern Maine
    LOL! I did a seminar at my local library about chickens for kindergartners and such... I brought in our BR Phoebe, that LOVED her, and she was such a good girl she just cooed and let herself be pet... Didn't poop the whole time! Ten we read stories about chickens... All the little people were thrilled (Yes, I say little people instead of little kids, I find phrases like "little girl" ((especially when directed at me!)) insulting...) and their parents were like "oh, honey, we should think about this..." So double score: happy little ones and more future chicken slaves!!!

8. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I took my rooster to middle school once as a presentation for my science class. He missed his flock, and he crowed ALL DAY. The teacher finally had to put him outside (the classroom had an exit to the outside of the school in the back of the room). It was awesome.

9. chickenmum

chickenmum Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 7, 2008
    that's cool. how old was your sister's class?

10. Justino

Dec 21, 2007
    KY
    Quote:oh yea, forgot to tell you lol it was fourth grade lol thats why everyone was so silly lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by