Funny Story...Picture This

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by Gracefulspice, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Gracefulspice

Gracefulspice Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2007
    Pa
    Yesterday early evening I was sitting outside watching my hens forage for bugs, [​IMG] when a wild rabbit (we names Bugs) comes slowly around the corner of the house. This rabbit has hung out with my older hens, but not my new hens yet. Anyways as the new hens see him all 5 necks are stretched high and eyes are focused on this rabbit. [​IMG] One brave hen (my B Orp) decides to take a closer look and move in. Bugs jumps away slowly.. so the hen follows cautiously. The other 4 hens stand back as to route her on. [​IMG] Bugs decides to hop quickly towards the swing set and the chase is on [​IMG] [​IMG] 5 hens...I kid you not...Single File running after Bugs for approx 50ft till he stops. All 5 hens froze still and looked sideways at this rabbit. They truley didn't know what to make of it. [​IMG] I so wish I had a video camera for that one. I wish you all could have seen it. I'm still laughing. [​IMG]

2. Lunachick

Lunachick Chicken Slave

Mar 19, 2007
    Brick, NJ
    I could just picture that! Ha! Mine did almost the same thing but it was a sound that got their attention, we had new gates put in on the fence, and when you push on the gate it goes "gobble gobble cluck cluck cluck" and the chickens necks stretched out and their eyes got big and they clucked back, of course now I'm always out there pushing on the gate!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by