1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny Story, Rooster car alarm!

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by chickonaroost, Sep 22, 2007.

1. chickonaroost

chickonaroost Out Of The Brooder

Jun 13, 2007
    South Eastern Indiana
    I ended up with 2 to many roosters. I work with a gal that has a big dairy farm and gobs of chickens with which to humor my randy roosters. She was kind enough to agree to take my 2 extra boys. She works night shift, I work days. We had agreed to meet at work (in a hospital parking lot) to make the rooster transfer.
    We loaded the boys into her car in a dog kennel.
    She had to stop at Krogers on her way home and instead of taking them home and coming back into town, she decided to just pop in for a gallon of milk.
    When she came out into the parking lot (the sun just rising nicely over Krogers), there was an eldery couple standing by her car looking puzzled. THe man said, "Do you have a rooster in your car?"
    Quick thinking Karen, not wanting to be some crazy hilljack who takes her roosters shopping said, "No, that's a car alarm my DH had installed for me as a joke."
    The man said, "That is the neatest thing. Do you mind if I make it alarm again?"
    At this point Karen thinks she is busted. What are the chances the 'alarm' will 'go off' again at precisely the moment he brushes up against her car.....She said, "sure, why not."
    And then, as if on que, the man brushes the car door, and the rooster belts out a loud and proud rrrrr-rrrrr-rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!!!
    The man jumped back, laughing.....technology, wow!
    True story!!

2. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]:lol:That is so funny. I can just picture like my grandparents looking mysteriously into this car and rrrrrrr....rrrrrrr.......rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. So hilarious.[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by