1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny story (to me at least)

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by wegotchickens, Oct 19, 2007.

1. wegotchickens

wegotchickens DownSouth D'Uccles & Silkies

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    We were letting the peeps have free play yeaterday. Our randy Silkie roo was servicing the ee's & silkie hens. He really wants a big blonde BO, but they knock him back several feet any time he approaches. And he approaches them a LOT [​IMG]

Only the EE's & a Silkie have been laying eggs.

Suddenly, as DH is herding the peeps away from the driveway towards the backyard, one of the BO's suddenly crouches in front of him and just freezes. DH is scared and thinks something is wrong. And is puzzled because I am laughing so hard I can barely talk.

I was finally able to say, "Thing One thinks your her roo!" And then I laughed until I had tears in my eyes. He was sooo shocked! He picked her up and petted and cuddled her, very tender and gentle. Then he set her down and kind of patted her butt & pushed her towards the other peeps. She stood up and shook out her feathers the way the other peeps do when the rooster has done his deed. And I laughed even harder!!

He was mortified when he found out I'd told this story to our nieghbor....

2. schmoo

schmoo Chillin' With My Peeps

May 7, 2007
    West MI.
    Thats is funny. Since we had to get rid of our mean roo, the girls crouch in front of me all the time now. I just can't stop laughing either. I will bend down and pet them and they're like Hmmm thats it?

3. JenniferJoIN

JenniferJoIN Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 10, 2007
    Southern Indiana
    That is funny! I can see DB reacting the same way! [​IMG]

4. Royicus

Royicus Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2007
    Western Oregon
    Haha, this thread is toooo funny. [​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. RyanAndMeri

RyanAndMeri Out Of The Brooder

Sep 10, 2007
    Hahaha that's hilarious. I can picture that so clearly.

Best not tell your husband it's on the net tho [​IMG]

6. texaschickmama

texaschickmama Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 19, 2007
    Poolville, TX
    That is funny. Does he know that thousands of people are now going to read about it too? [​IMG]

7. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    No, he doesn't know that thousands of my 'crazy chicken friends' (as he calls you) are reading this. And as mortified as he was about the nieghbor knowing, I don't think I'll tell him, either.

Or at least, in the paraphrased words of Roger Rabbit, "Not until it's REALLY funny."

8. broncbuster07

broncbuster07 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 25, 2007
    Waxahachie, TX
    [​IMG] Some of us have started a support group if he needs to talk about it.........J/k!! [​IMG]

9. wegotchickens

Jul 5, 2007
    Sevier County, TN
    Quote:If I told him that, I'd have to tell him about this post. And we aren't going there yet...

We are having some friends with chickens over for dinner tonight. Guess what anecdote I'm telling... [​IMG]

10. bayouchica

bayouchica Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 23, 2007
    N.E. Louisiana
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by