Funny Story... Well at least to me...

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by JimWWhite, May 18, 2010.

1. JimWWhite

JimWWhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Sunday morning I got up and started working early on adding a nesting box to the side of our 4'x8'x4' coop. It was just going to be a simple nesting box about 40"x13"x16" and connected to the side of the coop with a cleat. It would have a hinged lid so we can get to the nests without going into the coop. I'd cut a hole so the Gals could go in from the inside of the coop. Well, Teresa came out about an hour after I got going and asked what I was building and I told her. She asked "Where's your plans?". Well, I said "Plan? What plan? I let the wood reveal what it wants to be and I build it. There ain't no plan!". Well, she turned on her heal and stormed off. About an hour later she came back by as I was taking off the panel I'd just put on because something didn't square up right and I was cussing and muttering to myself. And she said "That wouldn't have happened if you had a plan!". To which I said "I just didn't interpret correctly what the wood revealed to me at the moment so I ended up with something that wasn't meant to be." She stormed off again. Well, by the end of the morning I had it hung on the coop, the hole cut out, and a hinged lid on it. Then yesterday morning she called me at my office to tell me that all the hens had used the two nesting places in the box and there were 17 eggs when she went out. To that I responded with "I know, that's what the wood revealed to me would happen... "
    [​IMG]

Last edited: May 18, 2010
  2. chicmom

chicmom Dances with Chickens

Feb 24, 2009
    Strasburg Ohio
    Hmmm, that is very funny! You sound alot like my husband Dave! LOL:lol:

3. St-Hubert

St-Hubert Chicken Convert

Apr 6, 2010
    Anniston, AL
    :d

4. darkmatter

darkmatter Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 10, 2009
    Sounds like you're having the same kind of thing with the "Missus" I do. This story is funny......well at least to me.......
    The Missus joined Weight Watchers and started an excerise program with her friends that included walking....... When I suggested that if she wanted to walk about, she could do it here right in the yard back and forth behind the push mower...........(I spent some time after that out in the garden)

5. Mtn Cur

Mtn Cur Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 5, 2010
    Seymour, Tn
    [​IMG]

Yeah, my wife is a great supervisor....just ask her.

6. Backyard_Chicken_rancher

Backyard_Chicken_rancher Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:[​IMG] I told mine that once only ONCE!!!!! I will never be that stupid again [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. WV_Hillbilly70

WV_Hillbilly70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Nashville, Indiana
    [​IMG][​IMG] Sounds like my significant other......I tell her that a "plan" is only a guideline and a portal through which my imagination can flow freely!!! She says I'm full of s***!!!![​IMG]

8. JimWWhite

JimWWhite Chillin' With My Peeps

Quote:Portal!!! Love it!!! Hope you don't mind if I borrow that one for the next time... [​IMG]

9. WV_Hillbilly70

WV_Hillbilly70 Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 28, 2010
    Nashville, Indiana
    Be my guest, I may have stolen that one myself....[​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by