Funny Story!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by melissastraka, Apr 10, 2009.

1. melissastraka

melissastraka Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 26, 2009
    Hoquiam, WA
    Yesterday I received my eggs from wwmicasa-lemon blues! They were delivered to my home in my mailbox!!! I know, right? I also received a "pick up at post office". Well I knew speckledhen had sent me some and they were due to arrive so i went and got them. Now, neither of these boxes were labeled really with anything except "do not freeze, do not x-ray". Today I go to pick up my eggs at the PO from guitarist and all of the box it says "LIVE EMBRYOS".
    I have 6 of my children with me, i am 27 years old, married, happy, lived in this community most of my life when the PO hands me the box she asks, "are you taking fertility treatments?".....WHAT?!?!?!?! I said no, their chicken eggs! She looked at me and laughed and walked away!!!

On that note...Every single eggs arrived unharmed and perfect condition! Thanks everyone and enjoy the laugh!!!! [​IMG]

2. cowman910

cowman910 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2009
    Suffolk County,NY
    i'm sure you will treat them like your own babies

3. Chicky Tocks

Chicky Tocks [IMG]emojione/assets/png/2666.png?v=2.2.7[/IMG] Ru

Oct 20, 2008
    Benton, Arkansas
    [​IMG] Congrats on the excellent shipments! That is kinda priceless. Like you're octomom or something!

4. I'vegotchickenfever

I'vegotchickenfever Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 10, 2009
    Northwest Florida
    I have 6 of my children with me, i am 27 years old, married, happy, lived in this community most of my life when the PO hands me the box she asks, "are you taking fertility treatments?".....WHAT?!?!?!?! I said no, their chicken eggs! She looked at me and laughed and walked away!!!

[​IMG]

Sounds like something I would've said years ago (Pre-chicken). [​IMG]

5. digginchicks

digginchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 15, 2009
    Sullivan, Indiana
    They other day we went and picked up our eggs and the person working at the PO asked what hatching eggs were. lol my mom said after she got done laughing she managed to tell herethat they were eggs that were gonna be put into an incubator and hatched.

Mom left before the lady had a chance to as what an incubator was lol.

6. HobokenChickenEmergency

HobokenChickenEmergency Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 18, 2009
    Evansville
    That is the funniest thing I read or heard all day!

Why would anyone ship human embryos with USPS? We can't even get them to stop manhandling our chicken eggs! LOL

7. gumpsgirl

gumpsgirl Overrun With Chickens Premium Member

Mar 25, 2008
    Virginia
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

8. Keisha

Keisha Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 27, 2007
    Iowa
    Lol thats great [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by