Funny story...

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by Lisa202, May 14, 2011.

1. Lisa202

Lisa202 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 20, 2010
    Long Island NY
    While sitting outside watching the chickens with my DH the other day, he asked a question about the roosters spears. Thinking he was referring to his spurs, I nonchalantly started to explain how you can take a pair of pliers and twist them off if they get too big. After seeing this look of horror on his face, I reassured him that it really doesn't hurt and that even though it may bleed a little, they feel no pain.

I finally understood his extreme reaction when he asked me why I would want to twist his "ears" off. [​IMG]

Last edited: May 14, 2011
  2. Ms.Frizzle

Ms.Frizzle Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2011
    Wisconsin
    I thought you were supposed to oil them before removing them? Idk, educate me, I've never taken off spurs.

3. willkatdawson

willkatdawson Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2008
    Ga
    Quote:[​IMG]

I love that you and your husband sit out in the yard watching the chickens. Last week my husband (who tries to act like he doesn't like the chickens) texted me and said, "I'm outside watching the chickens, and secretly I'm liking it." There's something special about the hour or so before dusk when all the free-ranging chickens come together in the yard to graze on the green grass. Very peaceful watching them.
    http://thewannabecountrygirl.com/cinnamon-rolls-and-cinnamon-bread/

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by