1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny story

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by janet2802, May 3, 2007.

1. janet2802

janet2802 Out Of The Brooder

Apr 16, 2007
    Elizabeth, Colorado
    So, went out last night to put the chicks to bed, or to close them into their home since the wind was blowing pretty hard. Teriyaki is the friendliest of the group and came right over to me while I was "chicken wrestling" (as my DH calls it) to get them inside. While trying to untie the tie on the door and hold her, she started to climb. Up my arm and sit on my shoulder. And she looked so content just hanging out on my shoulder looking around. She started to walk down my arm and I squatted down so she could jump off into her house. She is also the only one in the group that will eat out of our hands. I taught the girls to hold their hands out with food in them and she will come up to them and eat right out of their hands, while the girls are squealing and giggling of course.

2. Southern28Chick

Southern28Chick Flew The Coop

Apr 16, 2007
    That's a cute story. I have 24 three day old chicks and one of my white leghorns runs to me when I put my hand in the brooder and she jumps right into my hand. She's tried to roost/sleep on my finger but I can't keep my arm in there forever.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by