funny story

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by mothrhen, Apr 20, 2012.

1. mothrhen

mothrhen Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    I had to share this story as I find it quite funny. So, on our local news last night a woman was featured who lives in some beautiful residential community subdivision. The covenants for this community allows her to have any animals that she wants, except chickens [​IMG] [​IMG]. So she gets. . . (wait for it) PEACOCKS! Eight of them. Awesome, right? Of course the neighbors complain about the noise and when the county officials come to investigate, sorry nothing we can do. She was in one violation though. These animals are domestic pets and MUST be released from their pens. So huge peacocks are roaming the neighborhood making peacock sounds all day and night. Walking on top of homes, cars, etc. Stupid Harford County. Should've just allowed chickens. Even a rooster would let you sleep at night. [​IMG]

2. thomaschickens

thomaschickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2012
    Washougal, WA
    [​IMG] I love this woman!!! [​IMG] Who wants to take bets on how long it takes before that covenant is changed though! Thanks for sharing

3. mothrhen

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    She looks like the type to fight for grandfather rights!! Oh, and anything under 8 months old doesn't count [​IMG]. I'd be hatching those things like crazy (not to be mean. Just cuz those hatchlings are CUTE, IMO)

4. cassie

cassie Overrun With Chickens

Mar 19, 2009
    Years ago I read a similar story. This woman had horses and gave riding lessons to the neighborhood kids. Some of the homeowners took exception to the horses and researched the laws for their community. To their delight they found that according to the covenants horses were a no no. The homeowners were thrilled. Briefly. They didn't read far enough. Said lady did some research of her own, and found that according to the covenants, while she could not have horses she could have pigs. They were expressly permitted. Right there in black and white. So the lady sold her horses and with the money bought registered pigs. Lots of them. Guess where she put her breeding pens. Right next to the fence line of her next door neighbor who had had a fit about the horses. The neighbors had hysterics, but there wasn't a whole lot they could do about it. Talk about jumping from the frying pan into the fire......

5. mothrhen

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    Now THAT'S a funny story!! [​IMG]

6. HCFarms96

HCFarms96 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 19, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. Baymule

Baymule Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 1, 2010
    Northeast Texas
    Can we invite this lady to join BYC?? She sounds like a ton of fun and would fit right in here. [​IMG]

8. mothrhen

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    O CRAZY PEACOCK LADY!! COME OUT, COME OUT, WHERE EVER YOU ARE!! [​IMG] Just in case she's already lurking around here.

9. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    There is always a loophole...... [​IMG]

10. mothrhen

Jul 15, 2011
    Maryland
    [​IMG] Loopholes! Spent my life jumping through those.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by