Funny Story

newbie32

Songster
6 Years
Aug 16, 2013
Low Desert, CA
I was showing my oldest teen pictures of beautiful roosters, trying to get her to like the chickens a bit more. She said "wow they are so pretty compared to the females! That's not fair." She asked me why the boys get to be pretty..

I informed her that they don't GET to be pretty, they HAVE to be pretty. So she asks why?

LMAO I then asked her if she likes shiny pretty jewelry and things. She of course tells me Yes.

So I say "well if they are not pretty then the ladies don't want them!" I explained why they have their pretty feathers and why mallard ducks and peacocks do too. I explained why the lion with the biggest mane gets the most females. I told her how the male deers with the big antlers gets the ladies attention. I told her all these examples of how the males are pretty just for the ladies, among other things.

HEHE so she says "why is it different with humans? why do the ladies have to be pretty and the guys don't?"

I told her because we are backwards in the animal kingdom LOL!

Last edited by a moderator:
And all these 50 years I've been thinking that the Princess picked ME because I was so 'pretty'. Was I wrong?

And all these 50 years I've been thinking that the Princess picked ME because I was so 'pretty'. Was I wrong?

Just yesterday Critter said, "Pity. I married you for your mind, and now it looks like you are losing it, too."
th.gif

Back
Top Bottom