1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Funny thing my 5 year old son asked about Chickens

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by mattmatts-momma, Jul 23, 2008.

1. mattmatts-momma

mattmatts-momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    We were outside the other night after dinner and all of our chickens were out also. I have a 5 year old son and 3 year old daughter and I am always telling them don't chase the chickens, they'll peck you. They have both been pecked and so have I.

Well anyway, my son says to me:
    Mommy, why do chickens have p*ckers?

My husband who just walked out of the garage heard this and stopped dead in his tracks.

I was a bit stunned myself for a second and asked:
    You mean beaks.

He said:
    Yes

A little funny from my 5 year old... oh, if they could only stay so innocent!!

2. lurky

lurky Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 4, 2007
    Western MA
    [​IMG] If i could do one thing over as a mother......i would write down ALL the funny things she said when she was that age. You think you wont forget, but you do. When i tell her a funny story from her childhood, she wants to hear more. I wish i had written them down [​IMG]

3. smom1976

smom1976 too many projects too little time!

May 2, 2008
    Pensacola, FL
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

that is so funny.... reminds me of a time when I was pregnant and we were planting flowers in our at the time very small garden.. he was 6. We were talking about how when we planted the seed it would grow into a big flower from this little tiny seed. He turned and asked me if I had eaten a baby seed. [​IMG] I said well kinda..

I love it when they are innocent, you can almost see how they think things through.

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008
  4. cjeanean

cjeanean Can't Decide

Mar 5, 2008
    Missouri
    Quote:HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I can just imagine the look on ur hubby's face, and I'm sure yours too!!!! [​IMG]

5. mattmatts-momma

mattmatts-momma Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2008
    My aunt also suggested I write all their funny things down. I think I'll get 2 books and start writing it down. Some of the stuff they say is so funny!

The baby seed question is something I could hear my son asking.

I'm sure I had the same look on my face as I did when he informed me he cleaned the bathroom. That time he did ask "Why are you looking at me like that"?

Last edited: Jul 23, 2008

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by