Fussy bantam chicks

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by ambabya, Apr 21, 2011.

1. ambabya

ambabya Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 10, 2010
    We have our first 3 bantam chicks and they are a week old. They are quite fussy and don't like to be held or messed with at all. Any tips on how to charm the little stinkers? Our standard sized chicks seemed much more settled.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    you've got a crested one!!!! [​IMG] mine eventually warm up to me, as they got older they got braver and suddenly i wasn't that scary anymore. only thing i'd say is to try not to grab them from above, that's what big mean hawks will do. you want to be the friendly, food giving person, not a hawk, lol! mine are much easier to deal with if i grab them from the side door of their cage.

3. ambabya

Oct 10, 2010
    I will try that. My kids love them so I will try to get them to do the same thing.

The little polish is feisty!! I'm not sure what the other 2 are LOL.

4. koakritters

koakritters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 27, 2011
    Petaluma
    so was my polish, but she is a she, just a feisty she! lol. she's still a bit like that, loves to try and scare people away from her with strange noises and stuff, but once you grab her she's fine. I've got 4 of her eggs in my incubator right now, can't wait! [​IMG]

5. earnhardtlvr

earnhardtlvr Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 25, 2011
    Hagerstown, MD
    i have 4 polish born on april 4th and 11th. they remind me of roadrunners! [​IMG] they run soooo fast and i can't catch them and it makes me [​IMG] . but they r so dang cute u gotta love them [​IMG] i have 2 bantam's also and they r the same way! run when i try to pick them up and then chirp and chirp like i am killing them when i hold them [​IMG] Don't they know i love them and i wouldn't hurt them for the world! i think i am going to have an absolute ball this weekend taking pics and naming all 30 of my babies! [​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 22, 2011
  6. Caliphe

Caliphe Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 7, 2011
    NW Oregon
  7. ambabya

Oct 10, 2010
    Wow! They do look alike!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by