future chicken lover

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by pokey, Dec 15, 2009.

1. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    [​IMG] can't wait til she's old enough to help me i know she'll be a big animal lover!

2. DuckLady

DuckLady Administrator Staff Member

Jan 11, 2007
    Washington State
    [​IMG]

3. Woods_Woman

Woods_Woman Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 21, 2009
    Oregon Rain Forest
    Oh she's so cute..I love baby cheeks [​IMG]

4. maplesky7

maplesky7 Flock Mistress

Jun 14, 2008
    N. IL.
    big aww!!! [​IMG]

Looks like she's gonna help tend to your house plants too. [​IMG]

Merry Christmas sweet baby and to your mommy and daddy and chickens too! [​IMG]

hugs and snuggles,
    gretchen

5. CMV

CMV Flock Mistress

Apr 15, 2009
    My daughter is the reason I have animals. I wanted to teach her where her food comes from, the value of a hard day's work, the circle of life, and all the other things that come from living on a farm. I grew up on farms and although I swore I'd never return to that lifestyle, I found that when my daughter came along I wanted her to learn the same things I learned just by hanging out in my yard. It's an amazing experience for children growing up around livestock. She is an almost 5 y.o. now and surprises her teachers daily with her knowledge and practicality.

Good luck with your future chicken lover. She'll have a great time.

6. pokey

pokey Warrior Princess

Jun 1, 2008
    upstate
    i want to teach her about animals, and being compassionate, but to also know where food comes from too. i think too many young people grow up w/o knowing about"country life". although she's only 5 months old she is starting to soak up soo much around her. she stares at the birds when we go down to feed. it's really cute.

7. WriterofWords

WriterofWords Has Fainting Chickens

Dec 25, 2007
    Chaparral, New Mexico
    Ok,, that far surpasses cute!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by