Future chicken mom from Greenville, SC

nnpack

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 20, 2009
Greenville, SC
Hi, from Greenville, SC. I am new to chickens and the whole idea of raising them in my own backyard. I have recently been interested in "urban homesteading" and thought there was no way I could raise chickens in the city limits! YEA! I can!

Now, I have to figure out what it is I am doing. Cause I have NO CLUE!

I am the mom to a 16 year old son and an 8 year old cocker spaniel. I've gotten some great help so far from members of BYC, and am looking forward to learning so much more.

Welcome to the "family". You're gonna love having chickens - especially if you can spend lots of time with them when they're small so they can get used to you. They can be very funny and are a joy to have around. We have 2 RIR's that are about 9 weeks old. They're so much fun, we wish we would have gotten chickens sooner.

This is a great place to learn all you need to learn - no question is too simple (I know, I've asked enough).

Best wishes ... see you around the coop
big_smile.png

frow.gif
I'm from SC too...Colleton County. I'm new to chickens too. They're fun and I can't wait to get more. I have a Dominique Hen, a roo mutt, 6 leghorn pullets, 2 RIRs, 2 black sex-links, & 2 white Ply. Rock pullets.

Back
Top Bottom