1. Cockerdoodleduo

Cockerdoodleduo Out Of The Brooder

Apr 20, 2012
    I'm thinking of turning my old shed into a coop and going to make a 10 x 20 run out the back side. Any suggestions would deeply be appreciated. Just have six chicks right now but once this is done I'm planning on expanding!!! Zeus is excited too!! can't ya tell?[​IMG]

2. AlabamaSweetpea

AlabamaSweetpea Out Of The Brooder

Mar 26, 2012
    Mobile, Alabama
    that's nice, but Zeus might not be willing to give it up [​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 27, 2012
  3. Cockerdoodleduo

Apr 20, 2012
    [​IMG]

I think he's gonna share[​IMG] He cracks me up!! He tries to keep them all herded together. Its funny watching them interact I just hope he dont step on one of em'

4. Stumpy

Stumpy Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2008
    Oh, I like Zeus! Every one of those that I have met has been so sweet.

5. Cockerdoodleduo

Apr 20, 2012
    Heres what I got done yesterday!! Still gotta bit to do before Its done but the chicks seem to like it!!![​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

6. MVchickens

MVchickens Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 8, 2010
    Martha's Vineyard MA
    Looks great. The only problem I see is the hight of the nest boxes. They might start sleeping up there because its higher than the roost. It will get real messy real fast.

7. Cockerdoodleduo

Apr 20, 2012
    If I added some roosts up higher would that combat it any?

8. Cockerdoodleduo

Apr 20, 2012
    Ive been trying to think of what I can do without tearing the nest boxes out and building them lower, Idea #1 The back wall of the nest box is 18" I was thinking of putting a couple windows underneath the vent to let some light in and maybe putting a top on the nest boxes that will over hang the nest boxes by a couple inches. idea #2... right above the 2nd roost I thought of running at the opposite angle from there to the roof and putting some roost boards that will go higher than the nest.. any input is appreciated These are our first chickens so I am a greenhorn!!!! need all the help I can get..

9. mbpalmtree

mbpalmtree Out Of The Brooder

Feb 20, 2012
    Castle Hayne, NC
    That looks so awesome!!! I hope mine turns out as well.. Great job & lucky chicks!

10. bj taylor

bj taylor Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 28, 2011
    North Central Texas
    i think you will need some significant ventilation. i really like your nest boxes. i'm having to re-work my roost. it was built lower than the nest boxes & i'm having problems. i'm going to see if i can correct that tomorrow.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by