Future Eggcellent adventure - Brooder house and Coop space

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by CelticOaksFarm, Sep 16, 2009.

1. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    The north yard where the garden and coops will be going in with a split run. All doors will face south as will the main windows.
    [​IMG]

My Brooder Building, and temp chick house:
    [​IMG]

2. 2txmedics

2txmedics Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2009
    Manvel Texas
    nice, get going so we can hurry up and see it!!!! How many do you plan on having??? and how tall of a run, or are you free ranging them. I would love to free range mine, but even though our dogs are fenced in...we have cats that roam the area, not to mention we have 3, they dont go near the coops...and Im wondering if its cause they know they cant get in...[​IMG]

but I have 9 in the main coop....have 2 porcelin d'uccle and a amer. roo in one mini coop we call the D'uccle manor, and then I have 10 buffs, and one cuckoo maran in another coop that I call Buff Manor....AND.........we will be building another coop real quick for the 10 babies I just hatched...and then one more coop to break down my babies...all my EE's together, My CMs...My main flock will stay together, they were my first and are mutts...but beautiful at that, you can see them in my link below.

3. CelticOaksFarm

CelticOaksFarm Family owned, family run

Sep 7, 2009
    Florida - Space Coast
    let's see, I have 2 EE girls now here at my desk, and 18 RIR eggs and 12 Silky eggs. I will add to the EE collection once the coops and runs are done. We will free range as much as possible in the yard and garden. I need to actually measure the space, but everything from the garden to the south end of our fenced in yard will be coop and run (entire north side) we own to the tree line outback and beyond as well. So I can expand if needed.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by