Future lap chickens, perhaps?

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by MichiganWoods, Dec 18, 2008.

1. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    They are still a little flighty when they see our hands, but they calm down after I change their food or water. Then they run for my feet and take turns sitting on the top of my boots. They do the same to my husband when he's out there watching them. I gently nudge one off before it poops on me (one of these days it's gonna happen), and another one quickly takes its place. I squat down and just watch them running about for a few minutes, occasionally talking to them (commenting about how nutty they are acting, or a random "what was that about?" when one of them takes off like someone bit it on the rear end), and then eventually one or two of them jump up onto one of the little boxes I've got out there and nestle down right next to me, eyeing me. I'm sure eventually I'm going to end up with a chicken on my shoulder.

[​IMG]

So what do you think. Have I got some potential lap chickens in the lot?

2. KellyHM

KellyHM Overrun With Chickens

Sep 10, 2008
    Lakeland, FL
    Definite potential lap chickens! Kinda like these:

[​IMG]

If they're not on my shoulder they're on my lap. [​IMG]

3. MichiganWoods

MichiganWoods DD (Artistic Digital Diva)

Oct 6, 2008
    West Michigan
    Awwwww. [​IMG] [​IMG] I'm gonna have to find an old stool I can drag into the coop for when I go in to watch them. Maybe they'll sit on me. [​IMG]

4. SilkieChick00

SilkieChick00 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Ok, hopefully you don't call the nut ward after you read this...

I put a diaper on my Buff Silkie roo the other day and he went for a car ride (on my shoulder) to run some errands. You should of seen the looks I got. Probably like the ones on your face now, lol!! [​IMG]

Don't worry, S/O wants to lock me away too!

5. Mourningdove

Mourningdove Chillin' With My Peeps

Dec 17, 2008
    Cleveland, Tn.
    a diaper [​IMG]
    I love it!!

6. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG]

I wonder how many people were thinking "oh my god whats that"?
    Is she nuts ?? LOL !!!!

Did the roo have fun ?

7. SilkieChick00

SilkieChick00 Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2008
    Des Moines, Iowa
    Well I had to get my mom from work, take her to drop her b/f's cell phone off at his work, then take her to get ciggs and beer (wow, that sounds bad, lol). While I was parked at the store the chickens diaper was about to fall off so I was putting it back on and he was flapping all about [​IMG]. A guy walked out of the store, smiled and walked by, stopped dead in his track turned around looked at me, walked a little more, stopped again, turned around and looked again and then started cracking up laughing [​IMG]. Another guy walked by and laughed and the last guy was just totally confused. He sat in his truck and kept looking over and trying to figure out if he was real or not.

The roo had fun though, he thought he was king of the street up there on my shoulder. [​IMG]

8. peepsnbunnies

peepsnbunnies Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 31, 2007
    Central Florida
    [​IMG]

9. swtangel321

swtangel321 ~Crazy Egg Lady~

Jul 11, 2008
    Quote:[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

10. beakkeeper

beakkeeper Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Quote:...ring...ring...ring...ring--"Hello, yes you've reached Happydale insane asylum... yes I see. OH, my that is odd, yes that is very serious...she may have to undergo treatment for chicken hyper-love syndrome... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by