Future plans.

Discussion in 'Managing Your Flock' started by Kerjack, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    These are my current future plans for the chickens, I got big dreams haha.

What I want to do is raise a couple different breeds, have a certain flock for a certain purpose etc. Please let me know if I am an idiot haha, the boyfriends been looking at me like a deer in the head lights lately haha. (He just doesn't get it)

So right now I have 8 Isa Browns pullets and 1 BO Roo. I'm getting an incubator from my parents for Christmas(They thought I was crazy) and I plan to incubate some eggs from the hens I have right now to add to my current flock.

Then I want to get a breed of some sort to raise for strictly meat birds, is this possible? I was thinking of expirementing till I got a breed/mix that I liked and was tasty.

After that I want to breed some for their certain breeds, if that makes sense. I was thinking of Delawares(Gorgeous!!!) And Bantie Brahmas. But I also love Barred Rock.

I have more than enough room to house all these guys, I'd just need to build the coops. (Gotta love living on a farm) I plan to have this all semi started in the next 2-3 years.
    Think it's possible? Or am I just an idiot that's going to get in over her head?

Opinions on anything is greatly appriciated.

2. Kerjack

Kerjack Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 5, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Oh and I forgot, I want some Quail eventually too. Possibly a turkey or 2 for the boyfriend.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by