Mrs Fancy Plants
11 Years
Nov 4, 2008
Cross Lanes, WV
18074_welsummerface.jpg
18074_welsummerside.jpg
18074_barnieside.jpg
18074_questionleg.jpg

New chicks have arrived! Wellies, Barnies, Silkies and mystery chicks!

I ordered 4 Welsummers, 4 Barnevelders and 3 Silkies. I recieved 15 chicks. I'll be posting pictures of the packing peanuts for identification as soon as i can get some good pictures.

They are sooooo friendly compared to my last bunch. They will actually run into my hand so i can pick them up. Loving it!!!

Last edited:
18074_rooster.jpg

well, here's at least one updated picture, I'll try to take some more this week. They grow so fast. This little roo arrived on 9-17-09. He's in the big girl coop and doing great as are all of the other chicks. Oh, to update, because I had forgotten What I had ordered I got 4 welsummer hens, 4 barnevelder hens, 2 roos of each of those breeds and 3 blue silkies. I did not receive any packing peanuts with my order. All are healthy and happy. Another Ideal mail order success.

the welsummers hens are the friendliest and the bravest of the bunch. They were the first to leave the coop when I put them in with the big girls and are much more willing to let me pick them up than any of the other chicks.

I can hardly wait to find out what sex my silkies are and for when all of these girls start laying eggs!

Back
Top Bottom