Fuzzy butts!!! They are home! Pics...

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by Noymira, May 6, 2011.

1. Noymira

Noymira Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2011
    Chittenden County, VT
    I got our fuzzy butts home after a 45 minute ride from the feed store! They are very cute! Our nearly 2 year old LOVED them! "Baby chicks! Baby chicks!" She kept trying to grab some of the BOSS and egg shells for our hens to give the babies some treats, it was adorable. I've been watching them for about an hour and they seem to run in cycles of 5 minute power napping under the light, then eating, drinking and running around, into and over each other.

Sadly, one of our RIR chicks did not survive the trip home. [​IMG] I'm hoping it was just a fluke, as the others all seem active and lively. My husband could tell that I was disappointed about the one who didn't make it and told me I could go get more if I wanted. [​IMG] He's a sweetheart.

Here are the little ones, I didn't want to traumatize them anymore so I kept the pictures to a minimum tonight.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Keileigh

Keileigh Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    The Upcountry
    So sweet! I went and got some more today, and our little boy (turned two last month) is obsessed! He begs to go see the "baby didits" all the time. :)
    Sorry you lost one! That would upset me too.

3. AlienChick

AlienChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 9, 2010
    Glasgow, KY
    [​IMG] Just way too cute!

I miss the fuzzy-butt age!

Thank you for sharing!

Enjoy your chicks!!

[​IMG]

4. TeamChaos

TeamChaos Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 8, 2009
    Aww, such cuties! Enjoy them!

5. Christie Rhae

Christie Rhae Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 5, 2010
    Big Island, Hawaii
    So cute!! I am always surprised how darn cute they are! Give them 2 or 3 weeks and they get all awkward pre-teenager looking. lol

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by